WHAT IS ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 is a standard that specifies the requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System to ensure your business can proactively improve its OH&S performance while preventing injury and ill-health.
ISO 45001 is intended to be applicable to any organisation regardless of its size, type and nature. ISO 45001 enables an organisation, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety such as worker wellness/wellbeing.
KEY PRINCIPLES & BENEFITS
ISO 45001 will provide a system to ensure that your business has control over its OH&S risks, whilst proactively looking to improve its operational standards.
The benefits this will bring include –
- Establishing operational controls to manage its OH&S risks and its legal and other requirements
- Increasing awareness of its OH&S risks
- Ensuring workers take an active role in OH&S matters
- Reducing the overall costs of incidents
- Reducing the cost of insurance premiums
- Reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates