A key role as defined within the CDM Regulations 2015. A Principal Designer must be appointed to coordinate and manage the pre-construction phase of a construction project.
CDM Expert Ltd will undertake all the duties identified under the CDM Regulations 2015, in short this will include:-
- Informing the client of their duties under the regulations.
- Create, maintain and develop the pre-construction information pack
- Helping compile pre-construction information and providing it to designers and contractors.
- Preparing the health and safety file and then reviewing, updating and revising it as the project progresses.
- Liaising with the principal contractor to help in the planning, managing, monitoring and co-ordination of the construction phase.
- Taking into account the general principles of prevention.
- Ensuring that all persons working in relation to the pre-construction phase cooperate with the client, the principal designer and each other.
- Checking that designers have sufficient skills, knowledge, experience
- Where necessary notify the project to the Health and Safety Executive via F10.
Here at CDM Expert we can provide the service of Principal Designer and therefore satisfying the requirements as outlined above and within the CDM Regulations.